2018 FALL SESSIONS
Women of Worth Bible & Book Studies are large group topical studies led by Pastor Laura and friends that take place at both Main & South campuses in the spring and fall of every year. Fall Groups begin: August 1st-29th on Wednesdays.
ONE THOUSAND GIFTS by Ann Voskamp
In One Thousand Gifts, you are invited to embrace everyday blessings and embark on the transformative spiritual discipline of chronicling God's gifts. It’s only in this expressing of gratitude for the life we already have, we discover the life we've always wanted … a life we can take, give thanks for, and break for others. We come to feel and know the impossible right down in our bones: we are wildly loved — by God. Let Ann's beautiful, heart-aching stories of the everyday give you a way of seeing that opens your eyes to ordinary amazing grace, a way of being present to God that makes you deeply happy, and a way of living that is finally fully alive. Come live the best dare of all!
- WOW morning session meets at Main Campus from 9:30-11:30 am on Wednesdays
- Childcare is available for this group. The cost of childcare is $30 per child for the five-week session and is due on Wednesday August 1st (first day of group). If you need childcare, please email Heidi Clearman @ firstname.lastname@example.org with the names and ages of children. Please bring cash or checks made out to Church Alive to Tonya Davis on August 1st.
- Book and study guide available on ChristianBook.com or Amazon.
LIONESS ARISING by Lisa Bevere
In Lioness Arising, author and speaker Lisa Bevere offers the life and image of the lioness as a fierce and tender model for women. Revealing the surprising characteristics of this amazing creature, Lisa challenges women to discover fresh passion, prowess, and purpose. Learn what it means to be a stunning representation of strength, fiercely protect the young, and raise a collective roar that changes everything.
- WOW evening session at Main Campus meets from 6:30-8:30 pm on Wednesdays
- There is NO CHILDCARE available for this group.
- Book and Study Guide (Safari Guide) can be found on ChristianBook.com.
GIDEON by Priscilla Shirer
Gideon - Your weakness. God’s strength. When we hear the name Gideon, we may think about his 300 soldiers or the fleece. But Gideon’s story is so much bigger than that. Like everything else in the Bible, this is a story about God and His people. His love for them, as well as His strength operating through or in spite of their weakness. This study will encourage you to recognize your weakness as the key that the Lord gives you to unlock the full experience of His strength in your life. In what ways do you feel insufficient? Those places create the greatest opportunity to experience the sufficiency of God. Instead of ignoring, neglecting, or trying to escape your weaknesses, see them as the gifts that they are, given specifically and strategically by God to unlock the door of God’s strength.
- WOW evening session at South Campus and meets from 6:30-8:30 pm on Wednesdays
- LOCATION: 210 S. 13th Street Lillington
- Study Guide can be found at Lifeway, Lifeway.com or Amazon
You can request to join any of the WOW Groups via Fellowship One Go Groups Finder by clicking the link above.
On the Groups Finder page click the “Any Ministry” tab and select Generations. Scroll down to find the WOW Group of your choice and click the “Join” button. The leader will then email you, confirming you are signed up and with any further details.
Don’t have Fellowship One Go account yet, click the link and select “Don’t have an account?” and follow the prompts. Or if you forgot your password select “Forgot Password”.
More Information: Kristin Johnson (email@example.com)